Post Plan up-gradation problems

Sansar Lochan

07 Feb, 2017 08:55 AM

Hi

I upgraded my account to Startup 10. My app is made by andromo. I was getting regular mails from your end that I have currently 1010 devices, so upgrade your plan.

So I upgraded my plan.

After upgrading Startup 10 plan, there is msg in a banner saying "Your plan includes up to 10,000 devices. You currently have about 471* devices."

Why 471 devices only now? Why you guys were telling that I have crossed 1000 devices? My money get wasted upgrading my plan because till 1 thousand devices, you were providing your service free.

P.S. In google play developer console, they are saying I have 3,110 Active Installs.

I am messed up with these figures. Please help me.

Second thing is that,my customers are not getting push notifications also.

1. 1 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 07 Feb, 2017 02:08 PM

Hi,

Once you reach the 1000 device limit AirBop discards any devices above that. GCM only notifies AirBop when a registration is no longer active when you send a message. Prior to you upgrading your account, the last message was sent on November 23, 2016. The next message was sent on February 7, 2017. Upon sending that message there were 536 success and 480 failures.

The articles below describes how the AirBop and GCM process works:

http://support.airbop.com/kb/faq/how-does-google-cloud-messaging-work
    http://support.airbop.com/kb/faq/how-does-gcm-handle-app-uninstalls

GCM registration tokens expire after a period of time, so after that expiration, the devices will need to be re-registered. Client registration attempts occur every time the Andromo app is launched, so as long as your users use the app frequently, they will maintain a registered state. Removal of registrations from GCM isn't an immediate process, so there will be some delay in that process as described in the above articles. Also some users don't like notifications, so it's also possible that some have disabled notifications for the app, either from the app's preferences or device settings.

So now that you've upgraded, you should see registrations gradually increase again if used regularly but they will fluctuate as users install/uninstall etc. and those statistics will be delayed.

Darryl

2. Colin Adams closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2017 05:40 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AirBop please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

08 Apr, 2019 04:23 PM
07 Apr, 2019 05:16 PM
07 Feb, 2019 05:05 PM