Current Devices and Recommendations

Mike Johnson

17 Feb, 2016 04:25 PM

Hi,

Id like to know if all the devices that have my app right now can they receive my push message or will i wait for all of it to be registered on my dashboard?

I need recommendation if i will send a push now or wait until they populate? or how does it go. do they need to update it first or do i need to send push notification 1st so they will be encouraged to update?

1. 1 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 17 Feb, 2016 04:57 PM

Hi Mike,

Registration occurs with AirBop's servers when the user launches your app after they've installed it. If it failed for some reason, it will try again the next time your app is launched. So as long as the user has launched your app, they have a connection, and they haven't explicitly disabled notifications on their device (device wide, or per app) then registration would occur.

The display of device registrations on AirBop's dashboard will be delayed since these values update frequently, however that doesn't affect the backend registration system.

I'm not sure that I fully understand your question, but hopefully the above helps.

For further information about how it works, see the following articles:

http://support.airbop.com/kb/faq/how-does-google-cloud-messaging-work
    http://support.airbop.com/kb/faq/how-does-gcm-handle-app-uninstalls

Darryl

2. 2 Posted by Mike Johnson on 17 Feb, 2016 05:02 PM

hi daryl.

i just added airbop today and i have 200+ installed device on the app im
    trying.. but only 10 showed up on my dashboard, is it best to send them my
    message now or wait for the others to be registered on the airbop server?

3. 3 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 17 Feb, 2016 05:18 PM

Hi Mike,

If AirBop was added to an existing app on Google Play that you published an update to, users may not have received the updated version of your app yet. So if that's the case, you may want to give it a few days. However even if that was the case, they would still need to launch your app to be registered since app updates simply install the new version.

If it was a new app that you published, there may be a delay in the dashboard, or the users haven't launched the app, just installed it. It's also common for users to install an app and then uninstall it, so active users change frequently. Google Play's statistics are also delayed by about a day as well.

All in all, only registered devices will get the notification, so it wouldn't hurt to wait a day or two, but it's up to you.

Darryl

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AirBop please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

08 Apr, 2019 04:23 PM
07 Apr, 2019 05:16 PM
07 Feb, 2019 05:05 PM