Airbop messages not working after updatinf Firebase

pk pklow

13 Feb, 2017 02:24 PM

Hi ,

I have updated the app with firebase legacy key and project number. As per the link given in the forum.

http://support.andromo.com/kb/common-questions/airbop-push-message-...

But still messages are not been delivered to device. All i get is every time it is failed.
It was working fine previously and Keys are perfectly matched.
Kindly look into my account asap
Thanks

Do i need to upload the new APK into google play store for it to work ?
Or i can just download the new APK for testing ?

Thank you
PK

1. 1 Posted by pk pklow on 13 Feb, 2017 02:26 PM

i just hit 1000 users.
    I am not keen to upgrade unless this is resolved

Kindly help please.

Thank you

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 13 Feb, 2017 03:17 PM

Hi,

In order to test it on your device you wouldn't need to update it on Google Play. You would only need to do that for other users to register again and get the message. However you would need to rebuild your app in Andromo.

Have you rebuilt your app on Andromo after you updated the keys?

I'd suggest that you get it to a point where you have no registered devices. So you should do the following:

• Uninstall your app from your device.
    • In AirBop, send a couple messages with "Dry Run" checked. That should remove your registered device.
    • Install your newly built Andromo app and run it so that it registers with GCM and AirBop.
    • Confirm that your device shows that it registered in AirBop.
    • Try to send a message again.

If you receive a failure, that means you have an incorrect value either in your AirBop project, or Andromo project.

Darryl

3. 3 Posted by pk pklow on 13 Feb, 2017 03:37 PM

Hi the problem is I have 1001 subscribers.
    After I uninstall and try to send the dry run messages, I still get 1001 failures.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 13 Feb, 2017 04:09 PM

If you're not seeing the devices being removed from AirBop, it's likely because they're still being seen as registered with the old IDs by GCM which didn't match the new IDs that you changed them to.

What I'd suggest at this point is to start over with a new AirBop project and new GCM/Firebase IDs and delete your old AirBop project (since you've already hit the free device limit). Update those values again in Andromo, test it on your local device and once you verify it works, publish an update to Google Play so that all of the other user's apps register with AirBop again.

Darryl

5. 5 Posted by pk pklow on 13 Feb, 2017 09:53 PM

Hi 
    Sounds like a good idea. Just to confirm, I will not lose the 1000 subscribers right? 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 12:09 AM, Darryl Hnatiuk<[email blocked]> wrote:
    |

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 14 Feb, 2017 01:47 PM

Hi,

If you create a new AirBop/GCM project and delete your old one, then you will lose those 1000 registered devices on AirBop. However registration attempts occur each time the user launches your app, so after you put out an update, your new AirBop project would be populated with those users that launched your app after that point.

Darryl

7. Colin Adams closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2017 05:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac